top of page

Nutrition Services

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 12.33.25 PM.png

Breakfast service 7:45 am to 8:25 am at Elementary and Middle School,

7:45 - 8:45 at the High School

All meals must be paid for in advance, with charging limited to 3 meals.

Ala carte items are available for Middle School and High School students at an additional cost.

Breakfast meal will vary daily for Elementary level,

and will be a meal package that meets federal requirement for a reimbursable meal.


Children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Use the Free and Reduced Letter and Application to apply. Applications for Meal Benefits may be submitted anytime during the year, check with the Administrative Assistant in your child's site, site cashier, or by contacting the Food Service office.

Meal Procedures

All students at WC are given a 4 digit ID to use at the Point of Sale register in their cafeteria to purchase a meal or ala carte items. Parents and Guardians are encouraged to deposit money in advance to the student’s account using and or bring cash or check to cafeteria cashier.

Unpaid Meal Policy

All families are strongly encouraged to apply for free or reduce meals. Students who qualify free or reduce meal will not be denied a reimbursable meal even if they have accrued a negative balance on their account.

Any student’s account that reaches the charge limit of negative $ 20.00  and does not bring a lunch form they will be given a meal consisting of a sandwich, vegetable, fruit and milk charged to their account for a period not to exceed 5 days.  Any account that has a negative balance will not be able to purchase ala carte items, as they are not part of the School Lunch Program.

Contact is made to a parent or guardian on all negative account balances by either email, phone and thru a letter in the mail. Parent or Guardian are encouraged to sign up on to receive email alerts, low balance and account purchase information.

If the students exceeds the charge limit of $20.00, contact is made by the Child Nutrition Office or Business Manger to resolve the unpaid balance with the Parent or Guardian. The collection of the unpaid debt will have a period of 5 days when the debt would be paid.  If no response from parent or guardian, the next course of action will be determined.

WC administrators are expected to protect taxpayers of the district by making reasonable effort to collect all delinquent food service charges. All graduating senior students are expected to pay their account prior to graduation. All other students who are returning with a positive balance will carry over to the next school year. If a graduating senior has a positive balance, the monies will be distributed to a sibling returning to the district the following year. If account balance is less than $10 will be given to the graduating senior on the last day of the school year; if is more than $10 a check will be mailed out at the end of the school year.

All the information will be posted in the school newsletter, website and school board policy archive visible for all patrons. In addition the policy will be attached to the application packet on the first day of school and to all transfer students during the school year, attaching to the Meal Benefits Application.


Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. 

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 
         1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
                       Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
                       1400 Independence Avenue, SW
                       Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
         2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
         3. Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

bottom of page